Centre Drills are used with a lathe to centre drill stock for mounting in the lathe.
- No. 2 HSS Centre Drill
- Bright Finish HSS No.2 Centre Drill 118º / 60º
- Centre drills are also used extensively with milling machines to accurately start holes.
- The hole locations can be dialled in using the milling machines calibrated hand wheels.
- The hole is then started using the centre drill.
- The large diameter shank on the centre drill holds the drill point right on centre.
- Once the hole is started, the centre drill is replaced with a drill of the desired diameter and the finished hole is then drilled.”